Saturday, April 17, 2010

Maple Syrup and Vanilla Ice Cream


I made this before many many times and blogged about it before here once. This is so yummy and easy. Seriously, no ice cream recipe can get easier than this. This requires zero sugar, just a touch of maple syrup. I use a top quality one and it was so decadent and sinfully delicious.

If your ice cream maker is already in the freezer the night before and all your ingredients are cold, you can churn it straight away and have soft serve ice cream with butter shortbread crumbled through your fingers. It taste very yummy on its own too.

The maple syrup taste is very aromatic. I'm sniffing my empty ice cream glass now and it smell so so so good! I haven't try with honey though. Might taste better, who knows but for now, I'm sticking to this because this is as good as it can be.

Maple Syrup & Vanilla Ice Cream
(makes approximately 4 large scoops)

1/2 cup single pouring cream
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste

Pour everything into a spouted jug and whisk it well to combine. Pour it into an ice cream maker and churn until done. Serve with crumbled shortbread or pecan butter cookies.


Done!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

  1. you have found my Achilles heal....sigh....I love Ice cream....your collection of Ice Cream recipes is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful home made ice cream. I'll indulge in this when summer comes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good and easy to make. Gonna to bookmark it since the boys been requesting for vanilla ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This ice cream has no contains sugar at all!! What a good one! I should give this a try. I believe adding the 100% real maple syrup for the cream will make this super yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got some maple syrup and vanilla pods lying around for the longest time. Will give this a go once my kids recover from their cough. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quinn, this is such an awesome ice cream recipe! Sweet, but the natural way with maple syrup! Thank you for sharing!

    The sweating ice cream is making me drool at 2.30 a.m. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry, What is a single pouring cream?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone! And yes, make sure you use real good maple syrup. I got a large 2Litre bottle from Canada from my aunt. It lasted me a good year. It's so delicious, I never get sick of it!

    Blessed Homemaker: Make for the kids, they'll love it!

    Ahhh...Pei Lin, I always eat ice cream in the middle of the night during summer too. It's too hot to even sleep here in summer!

    Constance: Nestle has single pouring cream. You can use any other cream; whipping cream, thickened cream or even low fat lite cream. You might not wanna use double cream cuz it might bee too rich and cloyingly creamy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I recently had maple syrup and BACON ice cream that was to-die-for. Sound's weird, I know, but I've been dreaming about it ever since. I may have to use your wonderful recipe and add a little bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not weird at all. I have tasted bacon ice cream with chocolates and maple syrup. It was wonderful and amazing! Use this recipe, it's eggless, fast and easy! Please show me when you made it. I might just have to be a copycat and churn some myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just made some and boy is it yummy! Thanks for sharing your recipes. I am new to homemade ice cream, and I love pure maple syrup so this was a must try for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, glad you like it! I to love pure maple syrup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hv some vanilla beans but no vanilla bean paste. Can I still make this? If yes, how to add the vanilla into it since no cooking required? Mh

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mh,

    The recipe in the cookbook actually uses vanilla extract but if you would like to use vanilla bean, just slit them in half and remove the seeds and scrape them into a pot along with the pods. Heat them up with the cream-milk mixture. When it is scalded and all mingled, fish out the pod (wash and dry them well and pop it in your sugar jar)and let the mixture cool down while it infuse further. Stir in the maple syrup and churn like you would a normal ice cream.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete